Former Punjab Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu He is currently serving a one-year jail term in Patiala Jail for street rage. The diet chart has been recommended considering his health condition. A special diet is prescribed after his health analysis.
Buy now | Our excellent membership plan now has special value
“A diet plan specially designed by a dietitian can help control medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol. Some medications, such as blood thinners or topical anticoagulants, may increase the need to pay attention to what you are taking. The number of meals depends on the individual’s dietary needs and appetite, ”said Lakshita Jain, a certified clinical dietitian, lecturer, diabetes educator, meat technician, and founder of NUTR. indianexpress.com.
According to Jain, Sidhu was given A. A well balanced diet Who will take care of her gastric problems, weight and liver.
Best of Express Premium
Here is a short bottom of her diet chart.
Morning: A cup of rosemary tea, half a glass of white petha juice, or a glass of coconut water
* Experts recommend a light start to the day to kickstart Metabolism. “Simply put, instead of opting for heavy meals, start your day with light but nutritious food,” nutritionist Lavneet Batra said in an Instagram post.
* Rosemary is considered to be extremely beneficial due to its antioxidant properties which helps in lowering blood sugar, improving mood and memory and can also protect vision.
* White pumpkin or white pumpkin juice helps in detoxification Increase metabolism. It is better to eat early in the morning to fight constipation.
* Coconut water, according to nutritionist Aroshi Agarwal, “is not only an excellent diuretic but also an excellent electrolyte that miraculously rehydrates, cures dehydration and relieves constipation”. “It promotes intestinal health and is also a blessing for intestinal worms. Coconut water is rich in Vitamin E and other fat-soluble vitamins which are good for radical scavenging and anti-aging externally and internally. It also helps protect against it.” Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) Which is mainly common in diabetics, ”she added.
Breakfast: a cup of lactose-free milk; A teaspoon of flax, sunflower, watermelon or tea seeds; 5 to 6 almonds, one okra, and two pecan nuts.
Studies have shown that nutritious breakfast is very beneficial for the body as well as the heart. Eating a well-rounded meal in the morning helps replenish the nutrients used during sleep and can be your energy booster for starting the day.
Lactose-free milk (easy to digest), low-fat milk (low-fat percentage), pulses such as tofu, cheese and gram provide extra protein needed for liver health, said dietitian Jain.
* Lactose-free or plant-based milk is known to provide essential nutritional value, which helps in easy digestion. It also helps in the absorption of nutrients from food and maintains energy levels without causing the most common symptoms of lactose intolerance. Flatulence, nausea and / or vomitingAccording to experts.
* Fax seeds – high in fiber, Omega 3
* Sunflower seeds – low cholesterol, a great source of magnesium, and anti-inflammatory
* Pumpkin seeds – a great source of vitamins K, E, B.
* Tea grains – Helps maintain healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels in the body
* A study published in European Journal of Nutrition Regular peanut eaters have lower waist circumference and lower body mass index (BMI).
* Okra is rich in antioxidants, protein and healthy fats. They are known as “brain food” because they help improve brain function. In addition, walnuts are a good source of calcium, potassium, iron, copper, and zinc. Eating soaked walnuts boosts metabolism, controls blood sugar levels and helps you lose weight, Batra said in an Instagram post.
* Pecans are a good source of calcium, magnesium and potassium, which help lower blood pressure.
Mid-morning: A glass of beetroot or ghee (bottle gourd) or cucumber or seasonal (sweet lemon) or basil and mint leaves or amla (gooseberry) or celery leaves or fresh turmeric (turrat) or carrot or aloe vera juice. Alternatively, Sidhu can pick watermelon, watermelon, kiwi, strawberry, guava, apple and one of the wooden apples. He can also choose sprouted black gram (25 gm) and green gram dal (25 gm) plus cucumber / tomato / half lemon / avocado.
Here’s how mid-day snacks can help, according to nutritionist Rujuta Divekar.
* Instead of relying on packaged and processed snacks, eat healthy foods rich in a variety of nutrients.
* Breakfast, lunch and dinner have more calories than evening meal and evening meal.
* All of these help to increase metabolism and regulate sleep levels.
Seasonal fruits like watermelon can help lose the heat of summer, and there are no calories! Fresh juices can also help with tidal cramps.
Lunch: A 30 gram chapati containing equal amounts of Juwa, Singhara and Ragi flour. , And a glass of lassi.
Gluten-free chapatti (jowar, singhara and ragi flour) helps in digestion and reduces stomach related problems, says renowned dietician Jain.
According to nutritionist Pooja Bohara, a balanced diet is all about meeting one’s nutritional needs. A balanced diet is a snapshot of a diet consisting of three main food groups. The balance during lunch is a quarter of protein, a quarter of carbohydrates and half of vegetables, he shared.
Evening: A cup of 100 ml tea with low fat milk and sugar, and 25 g cheese pieces or 25 g tofu with half a lemon.
A nutritious meal will ensure that you do not eat junk food during the weakest part of the day. This ensures that your evening meal is light and you can sleep well, Divekar emphasized.
As part of her 12-week fitness project guidelines, she mentioned that for early risers looking to finish their dinner at 7-7.30 pm, the meal options at 4-6 pm include peanuts, foxtail, chickpeas, homemade chickpeas and fresh seasonal fruits or bananas. May be included. It is most useful for people with diabetes / blood pressure and lifestyle conditions such as PCOD and insulin resistance.
Dinner: A bowl of mixed vegetables and lentil soup / black gram soup contains 200 grams of black pepper powder sprinkled and fried vegetables (carrots, beans, broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers).
According to nutritionist Nancy Dehra, vegetables – raw, steamed, curry – but eating them is the most important part of your diet because it allows for more fiber, nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Bedtime: A cup of chamomile tea and a teaspoon of cilium bran with half a glass of warm water
Dried chamomile contains terpenoids and flavonoids that provide benefits such as sleep aids, digestion and promoting good heart health. With half a glass of hot water, celiac bran helps in lowering cholesterol, normalizing the size of the liver and cleansing the stomach from constipation, ‘said dietitian Jain.
Other recommendations for Sidhu
Drink 10-12 glasses (water) per day
* 60% of human body is covered by water. Losing just one to two percent of your body fluids can lead to fatigue and weakness.
Focus on getting large amounts of your fluids from water, but for variety, enjoy low-sugar tea or milk.
An easy way to measure hydration status is to look The color of your urine – The thicker the urine, the more likely a person is to become dehydrated.
* Do not give processed foods; Avoid saturated fats (native ghee, butter, white butter); Use olive oil, rice bran oil, mustard oil or cold pressed mustard or sunflower oil; Do not add table salt to any salad; Use small amounts of iodized salt
2019 study title by National Library of Medicine Mosaic of sugar and autoimmune Excessive salt and sugar intake has been linked to the risk of chronic diseases and autoimmune diseases. A sugary diet also limits the ability of the immune system to fight disease. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid canned and processed foods such as chips, cakes and cookies, greasy breakfast cereals, sweetened milk products, aerated drinks, and microwaveable foods.
* Exercise daily for at least 30-45 minutes.
Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Divekar recommends regular exercise as well as seasonal and local foods; She insists on eating without any distractions.
“Like food, exercise is important. If you have a body, you should exercise. There are four pillars of exercise – strength, endurance, stability and To stretch. Everyone needs at least 30 minutes of exercise or 3 hours a week, ‘she said.
Three square meals a day, including one to two meals a day, gives you energy. It’s a good idea to keep a convenient, nutritious meal like nuts, fruits and string cheese nearby for a hunger strike, said Dr. Irfan Sheikh, head of adult nutrition, scientific and medical affairs at Abbott’s nutrition business.
Points to keep in mind
According to a letter from the United Nations Healthy Diet: A Definition for the UN Food System Summit, Healthy diet is health promotion and disease prevention. “It provides nutritional supplements without the addition of nutrients and health-promoting foods and protects against the consumption of substances harmful to health.”
Although ideologically simple, there is no “straightforward, universally accepted approach” to classifying individual foods as more or less nutritious. Similarly, some reference specificity is required to classify individual foods as nutritious. The same diet, for example, whole fat milk, may provide much needed energy and other nutrients to one population group (e.g., low birth weight 3 year olds), but may be less “healthy” for another due to higher energy (calories). . ) And fat content (e.g., obese adults), it is mentioned.
3 For more lifestyle news, follow us Instagram | Twitter | Don’t miss out on Facebook and the latest updates!